THORN IN A FLESH - Extra Moral!

Missed the previous story? Click Here!



My cooler fell wide open with the grains dropping like rain drops on a roofing sheet. Don’t be confused about the grains; it was definitely not rice or any other grain, it was killable grains (bullets) in a magazine. At that moment, I already knew it was doom day. The commanding officer exclaimed “Aye oooo!” while other officers could not believe what they saw. Although, I didn’t need to believe, I did it! I was driven down to Area 2 Police Command but due to my age, I was kept just behind the counter.

On the street, a Police Station is not a place of fear; the first law of the street states that “the more you visit, the better and famous you become”. Well, to me it was an opportunity to boost my street resumé….*smiles** Unknown to me, my parents had already started my release process. My life was now becoming interesting on my first excursion to the FAMILY HOUSE (a.k.a. Police Station). Family house is like a market where you spend more time roaming around and end up not getting your needs if you don’t have money. That was when I got to know a Police Station is a type of microfinance institution with executive officers. What an organization! Those were my thoughts at that moment. Officer Buniyaro was the treasurer. He would say “Bail is free, the charges na for paper work!”.

Even when it seems that you've got no one left in your life, there are still people somewhere who will still cater for you. Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Seidu, I never knew they had connections; definitely not the GSM service providers, I mean the big deals of people in town. Before midday, it was becoming clear that I would definitely leave before the day ends.

At exactly 2pm, the unbelievable happened. Officer Buniyaro had the craziest experience of his life. He made a mistake by asking for a payment of N30 from a man named Okiro (a.k.a I fit kill you) popularly known as NO NAIRA as bail fee. Surprisingly he gave Buniyaro N200 and insisted on collecting his change. No way! Buniyaro shouted. Buniyaro went on rampage with Pidgin rolling out. Angrily, he said “you think say here na banana market ni? Walahi, if you nor dey careful, I go wound you”. As the matter went on, officer Michael (a.k.a Mikolo) came in; he was the lawyer of the station. Believe me, he was not really a lawyer by profession but he makes case for anybody. “What is going on here?” Mikolo asked. Buniyaro discharged his words even before the man could say anything. Mikolo looked at the man and said “this is a case of financial intimidation”. The man ended up being bullied for trying to assault a Policeman. Surprisingly, tables turned and the man had an opportunity to grab Mikolo’s pistol. At that time, my eyes blinked with my hands on my ears. I heard something! I can’t explain the volume intensity. But, something happened!!!

Author: Seidu Kazeem O. 

Links to the stories: Click Here!

Comments