THORN IN A FLESH - Deaf Ears!!!



Missed the previous stories? Click Here!


…After receiving the beating of life which was not produced by Sarz but my super Mom, I took a great decision to turn a new leaf from that day. At that time, my Uncle (a.k.a. On Top Your Matter) was around to check on the family and his visit turned out to be an opportunity for my parents to finally change my environment. Finally, I was transported from Kuto to Itoko; an area where handling of different fighting gadgets determines your street credibility.
On Monday morning, September 8th, 2003 to be precise, I was enrolled at Community Secondary School and was placed in Junior Secondary Class Three (J.S.S.3). That day was the first day of another beginning. I entered the class with a calm face. None of the students suspected that had just received that boy who will change their lives. Oh! Lest I forget, these students were not learners though. They were also tough boys of different grades, but I surely had street orientation (OT) than any of them.
A Yoruba adage says “TI ILE KAN BAN TORO, OMO ALE IBE NI O TII DAGBA” (If a home is peaceful, it is a sign that the bastard son has not grown up). It dawn on my classmates the third week that am definitely going to cause commotion. It all happened when a boy also joined our class and was fortunate enough to share seat with me. He made the greatest mistake of his life as he failed to greet me when he came. So, I decided to teach him a lesson.

The next day, all I did was to set the tip of a biro on his space of the seat as he was about to take his seat after returning from break. He sat on the sharp tip of the biro…GBAM! He shouted “Iku oooo!!!” honestly, I never knew he was a local s me. He jumped and fell again. Within a blink of an eye, without the interference of Water Corporation a tap of blood formed up on his buttocks. To be candid, I was very scared at that point. He was rushed to the clinic while I was asked to kneel down in front of the head teacher’s office. Let me guess, you already know am in for it right?
My Uncle (a.k.a. On Top Your Matter) was called on phone and within 20minutes, he came in to the school premises. After he had talked to the Head Teacher, he came to me and said “now your matter has finally cross my boundary and this will make you understand why I am called On Top Your Matter”.
By the time my uncle finished with me, I was lyrically damaged because he had reshaped my life with beating more than a church drummer would do. Then he faced me and said “Kazeem, you have just began! To be continued at home”. Yeh!!! I exclaimed.  
**To be continued**

Author: Seidu Kazeem O. 

Links to the stories: Click Here!

Comments