Even If I Sell Money, I Will Fail! Nollywood Superstar, Wale Akorede (Okunu) speaks!


Okunu - http://thisseidu.blogspot.com      Wale Akorede (Okunu) - http://thisseidu.blogspot.com

Wale Akorede, popularly known as Okunu is a Nollywood superstar best known for comedy act. He has featured in wide range of movies with great impact in the movie industry. In this interview, he shed light on his life and his perception of Nollywood. The conversation between Seidu Kazeem and the Nollywood Superstar is summarized below:

Question: Where did you grow up?
Wale Akorede: I was born and grew up in Ibadan, Oyo state. But my hometown is Ogbomosho, also in Oyo state. I have spent most of my life up till this time in Ibadan and am also based there now.

Question: Who inspired you to pursue your dream of acting?
Wale Akorede: Wale Akorede: God alone inspired me. Although, there was an actor that inspired me too, he is Timothy Isola Ogunsola popularly known as "I-show Pepper". I grew up watching him back then and he inspired me a lot.

Wale Akorede (Okunu) - http://thisseidu.blogspot.com
Okunu with Muyiwa Ademola and others on set
Question: Who is your celebrity crush?
Wale Akorede: Ahhhhh! I have no crush. But the only person I can call my crush is Ronke Oshodi Oke. We have been very close friends, I mean my bosom friend.

Question: How did you get discovered?
Wale Akorede: **Smiles** It was God that helped show case my talent. I have been acting and making money since 1984. When I was in secondary school, I was in the school's drama group and it was about acting for fun. We later discovered our teachers were realizing money from our work. So, we took the acting as a group outside school and as time goes on, we realized what we were doing was really a great path to follow. That was how it started and God blessed it.

Question: What would you be if you were not famous?
Wale Akorede: Nothing else my brother. I would not have been anything else aside a great actor because acting is all I know how to do best. If I sell money, I will fail. The only thing I can do and know how to do best in my life is acting.

Question: Do you have any hobbies?
Wale Akorede: if am not acting, another thing I like doing is sleeping. I really like sleeping. And, in any situation where am not acting or sleeping, I like listening to lectures  (Islamic lectures).
Okunu - http://thisseidu.blogspot.com

Question: How do you feel when working with the likes of Odunlade Adekola, Sanyeri, Ijebu and Kamilu Kompo?
Wale Akorede: We are all the same. The only difference is that working with people like that makes work easy and fast unlike when working with an upcoming actor/actress who is still being trained. When we work together like that, there is always understanding within a short time.

Question: What drew you to your character?
Wale Akorede: I did not choose my character. It was Alhaji Kazeem Afolayan (Epsalum Production) whom I think told me to give it a try. I was in a movie titled “Iranse Aje” in 2007 where I played the funny character. As a close friend that he is to me, he called me when I was about making my own movie and said “why don’t you try that character you played in Iranse Aje”. I gave it a try and God blessed it.

Question: What should your fans be expecting from you soon?
Wale Akorede: Well, they should expect more fun and action. I am also working on a movie where I will not be playing any comedy role which is going to be a completely different dimension from me. I also want to appreciate everyone for their support and love. May Almighty Allah bless us all (amen).

Question: What is your advice to upcoming stars?
Wale Akorede: My advice is that they should be patient because there is not miracle anywhere. If no one is dancing to your beat now, be sure that they are still dancing to someone’s own presently and they will surely come to dance yours soon.

From Seidu Kazeem’s Blog, we pray God keeps blessing you and take you beyond your imagination.  

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone. It does not represent the views of Kazeem Seidu.