THORN IN A FLESH - Family Plan!



Missed the previous stories? Click Here!
...After recuperating from the beating at the wedding, the adventure continued. “Hello! Hello!! Hello!!! Abeg, do me jeje” that was Kamoru begging the police not to take him away. I was just sober in my own corner with full cooperation with the EKE (street a.k.a. for Police). Well, don’t get it twisted. We didn’t do much but it was worth getting arrested for.

It was a Saturday afternoon, we went to Kuto market for some Garri. “Mama, how much is a kongo?” said my partner, Kamoru. She replied saying “na N120 oooo”. Within that short time of asking and responding, Kamoru has eaten almost half Kongo all in the name of tasting. By then, the woman exclaimed! “Hahaaa! You drink water for house come chop garri for here ni?” While she was busy with Kamoru, I was busy with the Garri and am almost completing one kongo as I already ate half kongo also.



Ole! Ole!! Ole!!! She shouted angrily. As street boys trying to improve our street resumé, we pushed the rest of her garri and turned it upside down. “Na our hood be this” I kept shouting. The woman locked Kamoru’s shirt. Within few minutes, other sellers had surrounded us. Two policemen came and picked us up but not without a sound slap from the woman on my face. The slap made me feel the second coming of Jesus and I was automatically producing beats within me. What a slap!!!


A Yoruba saying goes thus “enikan o le mu afefe (air can never be arrested)” we thought we were like that but that was negative. Around 6pm that day, the debt had been taken care of and we were granted bail. In my mind, I felt I was doing the right thing, I felt that was the life to live in order to become famous and that day, my morale took another level.

It never occurred to me that my parents had taken a decision to use another method. I was guarded seriously back home. Kamoru also headed to their residence. On getting home, my mama said “woleee! (go in)”. As if I knew something was going to happen, I refused at first but later went in.

Without wasting time, My dad said “Oya! Serve him!” I heard a strong bang on my neck. I discovered I was hit with stirer (ha! Orogun Eba). My mama said “omo to ba ni ki iya oun masun, oun naa o ni fi oju kan orun (A child who says his mum won’t sleep will also end up not sleeping)”. Yeh! That was the chorus which kept coming out from my mouth.

**To be continued**
Author: Seidu Kazeem O. 

Links to the stories: Click Here!


Comments

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone. It does not represent the views of Kazeem Seidu.