The Death Row - Hustler (Episode 1)

[Dele panting]

[Sirens buzzing]


The Death Row - Hustler (Episode 1)

I was on top speed, similar to what you see in formula one. I had no intention to stop. It was either going to end with me getting away or getting six-feet under. I am damn sure not going back to jail; Kirikiri again?! No! I took a sharp right turn, slid under a parked truck and popped out on the other side. The sirens were fading by then. My bag was dangling sideways with my "stuffs". I'm definitely not loosing my "stuffs" for anything. In a blink of an eye, I jumped over a nearby fence into a bush. Gbam! That was it. I escaped and it's a die-another-day.

Good afternoon, Dele. That was the best greeting I heard since I left home in the morning and it was my irresistible neighbor; my all-time crush, 'nwanne omalicha', Cynthia. She kept refusing my advancement though. Besides, who would want to deal with a drug peddler. With that glow on my face anytime I see her, Gooood morning! I replied. I guess the frog just survived a jump from the roof, she said, with her very convincing voice. She knew, just as she always finds out anytime I get into trouble. I had to just be straight with her, gave her the details of what went down, how I "Jet Liiiid" my way from the police. Huh, who wouldn't talk when your crush decides to listen. 




After the drama during the day, I surely had the time to get on someone's nerves, Mama D of course, my indefatigable mum. After the demise of my father when I was 10, she fought day and night to keep me out of trouble. I just have this automated affinity for trouble. That explains why I still get on her nerves anytime I'm around. Mama D was in the bathroom while I sneaked into the kitchen, took out the six-pieces of meat and "sampled" them all; I ate half of some while I bit part of some. After that crooked operation, I returned the pieces of meat back into the pot of soup and stylishly making a reverse movement out of the kitchen when I heard a voice like that of an angel from heaven calling on me, "Délé, rora maa bò béèyen". It was Mama D. Oh my God! I just didn't expect her to catch me. I was wrong! She didn't catch me for the pieces of meat, the police were around and she had been tipped off by my crush. 

Mama D has always been a great mother with several attempts to make me leave my troublesome ways, all to no avail. Before I could make any move to disappear from the house, the police already covered all exits.
...to be continued. 

Author: Seidu Kazeem 

Comments