THORN IN A FLESH - Local Lesson!

 Missed the previous stories? Click Here!

…At the end of that day at school, the thought of what my uncle said “to be continued’ kept ringing in my head just like the end of a nice Part 1 of a Yoruba movie. Finally, I went home and faced the music. As much as I wish to tell you how the punishment process went, I just can’t. All I can tell you is that, after my Uncle (On Top Your Matter) finished with me for that day, I had to relearn how to write i.e writing with a 2D note book. My hands were not amputated but it was like they were dissociated and I felt like a dilapidated structure. In short, I was structurally damaged and my potential energy was tampered with.


The following weekend, I was out on the street. On that beautiful Saturday morning, I met my friend Lekan a.k.a. Mosquito. We found our way into a community high school where a wedding ceremony was taking place. This is what we call “OWO EPO” (Freebies). That day was supposed to be a great day for me and mosquito. Lest I forget, we were not aware it was the wedding ceremony of a known person. It was a lively day until something happened.


Just as the party was going on, we were given snacks; puff puff and doughnuts. But the parasitic behavior of Lekan (mosquito) made things go wrong. He bit off from my portion of the snacks. Out of annoyance, I threw one doughnut at him and just like a bird weaves a stone, he dodged it. Just like people would say “with God, all things are possible” Our lives was about to take a turn as the doughnut found its way to the brides head…Gbam! She said “haaaa!” Although, the couples forgave us but typical Nigerians refused to take their eyes off the act. We were asked to kneel down, pack a heap of sand about 5kg after which we were asked to draw a car on the sand and make the car move.  Some people can be seriously wicked.


As that was going on, one of the wicked soul kept dishing out slaps which made my thinking skipped just like a pirated CD of a Yoruba film. To crown the punishment, one of the bad guests at the event just came from nowhere and shouted “make una add petrol station! (2ce).” Deep within my mind, I knew we were in for it. Immediately, Oga Ejiro (a.k.a. Koboko) said “Oya you, add petrol station join” that was me. We could not actualize any of the assignments but we were fed with beating to the fullest. Even Donjazzy would not be able to produce such beats.


At last, someone said “let this people go” that man was our messiah but the deed was already done after almost one hour of undiluted IYA (beating). I stood up and fell again. Mosquito could not even stand at all. We found our way to the road. But as we tried crossing over the drainage, I stretched my leg but it was not enough. God! I fell inside the drainage and I knew from that day that god is wonderful!

**To be continued**
Author: Seidu Kazeem O. 

Links to the stories: Click Here!

Comments