[Full Story] OLAJUMOKE: The Agege Bread Hawker turn Super Model

Olajumoke Sunday Orisaguna is a 27yrs old bread hawker who crossed the path of greatness when she least expected. The camera lens of the famous photographer, TY BELLO saw the moment.

Olajumoke walking into the set while hawking

The story of Olajumoke is a big inspiration and a touching one which has already gone viral on social and print media. It all happened in a blink of an eye. Olajumoke has now made the cover of the popular THISDAY Style Magazine.

Read how it all happened and be inspired. TY Bello wrote:

THE MOMENT SHE WALKED INTO GREATNESS

"I've photographed so many international celebrities in this town.. From Beyonce to Arnold Schwarzenegger ... I was looking through my archives the other day and said to my self .. Never again.. !Never in some fancy hotel room that could have been anywhere else on the planet . There's no where like Lagos  and If they ever cross my path again I'll drag them out to where they can touch and feel My Lagos . .. And fall in love with it.
So of course when I was asked to meet up with @tiniegram at  his hotel I was like ..Lai-Lai!! Abeg bring the man to Yaba and let's shoot this something !
I love lagos ..I won't lie .. The streets are a literal Photographer's paradise .. Every where you turn there's a story waiting to be told .., textures waiting to be shot and characters waiting to be explored ..it's hard for me to make a bad picture when my spirit is really open on the steets ..I can just stand there and magic walks into my frame.
The beautiful bread seller in the red dress in one of my edits for instance ..You know her Abi?.. That one that every one on the street wants to marry .. She's fine and she knows it. its all over how she walks and I know you've seen her before.
She walked onto our set and magic happened ..it wasn't planned at all ..I didn't even know I nailed the narrative until I edited a few days later.
Someone accused me of dragging @tiniegram  on the streets ..That I should have taken him to somewhere 'prettier '... My response : So you haven't heard ...?The street is where it's happening o.. You haven't seen pretty till you've seen the sun set in the quiet corners of Surulere ..You're missing out on a unique  love vibe if you haven't taken her for a walk in railway compound..And if you only exist where freshly baked, steamy Agege bread is completely out of reach .. You may have to consider reorganizing it all.. I mean ...What's the point!"

THE SEARCH FOR OLAJUMOKE BY TY BELLO

"BEATIFUL MISS X:WHO IS SHE.?Every one has been asking if this lady is a model .. It was just perfect coincidence ... She just happened to be walking by while I photographed . It happened so fast .She definitely SHOULD be a model. .. I'm happy to help her build a portfolio if she's interested. She's so beautiful and photographed so well. I'll find a way to track her down somehow. You guys can also help."

AND SHE WAS FOUND (Watch Video)


"So I found her ...our beauty from the @tiniegram shoot and boy have I got a fantastic story to share with you all.
Right here is an amazing 27yr old mother of two , Jumoke Sunday with an incredible life story .I called on three amazing artists @bimpeonakoya  for beautiful makeup .. @zubbydefinition  for hair and @emaedosio  to make a short documentary about her.
Every one gave a yes !on the spot . They were all at the studio within an hour and we had the most amazing shoot with her. I've also spoken to a few people about the best way to help move her forward and reunite her with her family.
The process has already begone and I'll figure out the best way to have anyone who wants to be part of the journey.
Meeting and photographing her has inspired us all and we can't wait for the good that will come to her from all of this to unfold . She doesn't speak English well but here ,she was explaining how she found us.
I had sent an assistant , as many of you advised ,to leave a message with the people in the area where we photographed her... So here she is .. #Olajumoke #tybellophotography"

SHE MADE IT AND BECAME REDEFINED

Olajumoke on the cover of THISDAY Style
"Someone special our #olajumoke made it on the cover of this day style this morning . You all should buy one . This just made me cry. She really is a blessed woman with an amazing story . I almost cant believe it !@thisdaystyle thank you for being the most amazing publication and believing in this story"
Olajumoke and TY Bello

TY Bello is the heaven sent angel in all of this situation. Olajumoke the 'Agege Bread Seller' is now 'A Super Model'.

Comments